Friday 17 October 2008

What a beautiful day!

Not a safari as such, just a beautiful dawn I was lucky enough to catch this morning.
Pretty spectacular stuff to wake up to.

At lunch time there was a big 9.5m high tide and I was able to get an all too brief 10 minutes look over the sea wall. A little choppy but not bad visibilty....How many Common Scoters?....I guestmated at 2,500 but there could have been twice that many; they were stretched out for miles across the horizon. Despite the good light I couldn't find anything unusual among them (unlike Bazzo yesterday who seemed to catch every seabird in the book - see Mersey birdblog comments in links on right for 16th Oct). I was just on the verge of giving up when a Great Crested Grebe and a Red Breasted Merganser whizzed past together. That was going to be my lot so back to the desk it was.

And not Porpoise in sight - none seen now for ages - where do they go????

Where to next? Lets see what the weather does before we make a decision.

In the meantime let us know what you have found in your outback.



1 comment:

Jane Hards Photography said...

That is beautiful. It's not often it's like this so camera grabbing has to be done.