Saturday 21 February 2009

Doh the best laid plans...

Every one has a dark side and the safari's, as a commited environmentalist, is motorsport. This weekend the North West Stages Rally is in town doing time trials along stretches of the prom as well as other venues. What a catastophe...I'm stuck at work and all the action will have finished by the time I knock off. See this link for all the news.
Back to more 'natural' news...there is only one week left of the February Great Garden Bird Count. Base Camp is not doing too badly but we could do with some more additions to the list. Every morning I can hear Song Thrush and Mistle Thrush in the dawn chorus, they're close but just not quite spotable from the curtilage of my property. Common Gulls are horrendously numerous on the football field a few hundred metres away but I've not seen one flying over yet, indeed they very rarely do. This morning a small flock of Long Tailed Tits was agonisingly close but didn't venture in. I notice that other web sites are starting to record Meadow Pipits on the move again so that is a morning possible...what will the next addition to the list be?
Where to next? A brief trip to the south side tomorrow.
In the meantime let us know what do you think the next addition to your near outback list will be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you found images that you liked on my blog!
I read your blog with greate interest, because I'm in Blackpool only since september, and you really have greate stories, pictures, and local information! i really like reading it, keep up the good work!
All the best, Zoltan