Tuesday 26 August 2008

Hold the front page!

It now seems that the Porcelain Crab could be a very small Green Shore Crab, which are very common in the rockpools. Incidentally my money was on the latter having seen a few pictures on Google Images, but I have to admit I was far from sure; hence putting it out for others to help with the identification.


We await the final outcome with baited breath....I hand you back over to the experts....
I am also hoping for an identification of this large piece of Whelk shell which has been sitting on my desk for a few weeks now without me realising it could be something the safari hasn't seen before. What struck me as odd was the ridges appear to be longitudinal rather than concentric radiating out from the aperture. I hope there is enough of it there for someone to make a definitive identification....we'll wait and see what comes back...more news tomorrow perhaps.

No comments: