Monday 28 September 2009

Many thanks

The safari has received info from Shy Song Bird that the strange call recorded yesterday is from a Grey Squirrel. Thank you SSB...I doubt I would have got that at all - I was under the (misguided) impression it was a bird and mammals never entered my head. So you see you learn something new every day, that's the joy of being into wildlife - there is no way you could ever know it all so therefore there will always be something new to learn. Reviewing yesterdays evening Patch 1 walk I shouldn't be so surprised because there was a lot of squirrel activity. Feeding, dashing about the tree-tops and a game of chase-me; probably amounting to at least five individuals...none of them staying still long enough for the camera to come in to play.
Too busy at work to get to Patch 2 but should be able to give it 5 or 10 minutes tomorrow...hopefully something half decent will be about, a Porpoise, Leach's Petrel and Pomarine Skua have all been seen at various places along our coast by the lucky few in recent days...one or more of those would set the rest of the day up very nicely.
Sorry no photos today.
Where to next? Obviously the Prom and then the Prom again.
In the meantime let us know what's making the weird squeaks in your outback.

1 comment:

ShySongbird said...

Glad I was of help and thank you very much for your kind acknowledgement and for visiting my blog.